Services Offering at a Glance
Pacific Economic Center,Ltd. (PEC) is a premier export management company. We are a corporation and registered as a full service Trade ,Import and Export Management Firm with offices in the Philippines , Hongkong and Turkey.
PEC works in tandem as both a Contracted Manufacturer’s Representative for clients who retain our services in facilitating the exportation of their products to foreign buyers around the Globe. We also serve as a Buyer’s Agent to source and qualify high quality and high potential products for them to import and sell to their customers.
PEC has a vigorous screening process where both the products as well as the manufacturers are put through a stringent 13 point evaluation process to ensure that only the best possible products and manufacturers are introduced to our foreign buyers. We currently have distribution in Asia, Middle East, Europe, Africa, and Turkey.
This network of buyers represents some of the largest and most prestigious buyers in the world that would rival the likes of any major retail outlet chain in the country. They too are put though a vigorous vetting and evaluation process to ensure that our contracted manufacturers will be working with only real and viable buyers.
PEC utilizes sound and solid business methodologies and continually adapts these strategies within multiple foreign distribution channels with a continual effort to offer the strongest potential for increased revenue to the bottom line for our buyers.
We provide in-person representation to present high-quality products to overseas purchasers. Our full service representation services include:
- Market analysis.
- Product Sourcing and Evaluations.
- Product Introduction to Foreign Import Buyers.
- Transaction Negotiation.
- All Import Requirement coordination .
- Order Placement.
- Paymaster Responsibilities as well as ongoing Transaction Management.
- Plus everything else it takes to get our suppliers products in country.
PEC serves as both a contracted Manufacturer’s Representative and Buyer’s Agent. We are not a broker or distributor. We are an Export Management Firm acting as the off-site exporting department for over 200 companies who are producers of Food ,Textile, Hotel and Tourism, Greenhouse Technology,I.T and Smart City Solutions as well as Health & Beauty Care products. We work in a dual role to provide both our suppliers as well as our buyers with the best possible strategies in creating a successful overall international marketing campaign. Our services go far beyond what you would get from a standard broker or distributor agreement and it does not stop once a sale is made. Our represented suppliers fully appreciate the strategic analysis for penetrating markets with their products. We evaluate numerous factors for product placement when targeting an emerging market.
These factors include:
– Research: We look at the political stability of the region we are going into, do they have a strong alliance with specific countries that we working with and would we want to send one of our representatives into that region.
– GNP: We look at the foreign market GNP to determine demand items.
– Resources: We look at the target country natural resources and find out what percentage of those resources make up their economy. (Agriculture, minerals, oil, etc.)
– Trading Partner Countries: Who are their major trading partners- do they buy or sell to the our partner countries.
– Import Requirements: What kind of import duties and restrictions do they have?
– Expendable Income: What is the available expendable income for consumers in the foreign target market and who is going to be able to afford your product. Simply put, is it affordable after all the shipping, mark ups, tariffs and surcharges.
– Currency Exchange Rates: Can the foreign importer leverage market arbitrage opportunities with the currency exchange rates against the US Dollar.
– Product Performance Potential: We study the products that do well in that target market.
– Market Trends: We analyze product and consumer trends in the target region.
– Flavor Profiles: We gain target market knowledge for the preferred flavor profiles in the foreign country.
– Available Products: We then target producers and manufacturers with products that have the potential to perform well in the target market. Our evaluation of a producer and their products begins with the initial contact measuring how receptive they are to international markets, how responsive and accurate they are in fulfilling requests, ease of doing business, visionary leadership, Then we prequalify the company prior to evaluating their product for acceptance.
-Product Representation: While not every product is a match for every market or outlet, we do select only high potential and high quality products for food service and retail outlets as well as many Health & Beauty Care items. Each product line and manufacturer must meet high standards prior to acceptance for representation.
-Labeling Requirements: Using the expertise gained from hundreds of manufacturer’s, thousands of products, numerous country import requirements, and international transaction experience across multiple continents, Export Import Strategies Corporation will coordinate necessary label changes. We will also make packaging and labelling recommendations to increase sales. In most cases, the foreign importer will prepay for labels or place large enough orders to justify the associated packaging changes, plate changes and printing expenses.
-Buyer Qualification: Each buyer must be qualified prior to obtaining a purchasing opportunity. This includes vetting the buyers against ‘Blocked & Denied Entity’ lists from the authority of country of origin , to ensure the potential buyer has not been denied export privileges from that country due to unethical trade practices, terrorism funding, money laundering, or other questionable business practices. We also gather credit information and company information to ensure transactions conducted with net terms extended by the producer can meet the stringent requirements to insure each transaction shipment alleviating risk to all parties involved.
-Sales & Marketing: Even though Export Import Strategies Corporation works in the consumer packaged goods and food service markets, we also serve as an outsourced sales & marketing agency. In essence, we become an extension of our client’s company. We work as an offsite exporting department for our represented clients by:
- Assisting manufacturers in introducing products to potential buyers;
- Increasing speed to market improves retail & food service management maintaining continuity as well as increased market coverage reducing costs while increasing productivity;
- Enhancing a manufacturer’s core capabilities while ensuring product availability in a multi-channel marketing environment creating the potential for a 30% to 50% savings by using our services versus the cost of a manufacturer’s direct sales staff.
-Brand Protection: Export Import Strategies Corporation works cooperatively with our client manufacturers, foreign buyers, as well as domestic and foreign governments to protect brands, prevent knock-offs, prevent diverting, and related unethical practices.
-Transaction Types: Export Import Strategies Corporation will present all sales opportunities to our client manufacturer’s for consideration. We conduct spot transactions negotiate multi-year exclusivity contracts based on the importer’s needs and distribution requirements. In many instances, high potential brands have competing buyers trying to be the sole importer for their selected brands.
-Fraud Protection: Export Import Strategies Corporation will assist in identifying potential transaction scams, mentor the client manufacturer preventing victimization, and work to identify and alleviate all potential points of risk protecting both our represented client companies and international customers.